There are two primary methods of using hemp: consumption and inhalation. This document will give you some ideas of how to utilize hemp in normal everyday activities. This is not exhaustive by any means, but it should help you find a starting point. All of these activities require ground hemp. There are specialized (and inexpensive) herb grinders that are available that perform this task much better than your fingers or a knife.
The cannabinoids in hemp are fat and alcohol soluble. This means that if you cook it in fat or soak it in alcohol, you can get the cannabinoids out of the plant and into your food and drink.
Cook in oil slowly and then strain off the plant material afterwards.
- Butter for cookies, cakes, and brownies
- Oil for scrambling eggs
- Oil for salad dressing
- Oil for beans and soups
You only need to soak the hemp in any suitably strong (anything 80 proof or higher) alcohol overnight.
- Turn vodka into a gin, of sorts.
- Add to punch and cocktails
- Make a CBD sangria
- CBD French 75
This method is probably the most popular way to consume hemp. There are two main distinctions in this category: burned and vaporized. There are pros and cons to each method, so the best thing to do is to try them both and see what you like best.
- Roll into a smokable, cone, or filter tube.
- Cut a bowl into the top of an apple and poke a hole in the side.
- Find a glass pipe from a gas station or vape shop.
- Use a vaporizer that is designed for herbs and flowers.